Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random Thoughts from a Life being Lived...

Well, the weather has been spectacular this past week (as I'm sure you have seen if you are watching the Olympics). The sky is a brilliant blue and the mountains are clear and snow-capped (the Olympics, the Cascades, and Mt. Rainier). I haven't been able to see all of them in the same day  for a while. Temps are in the mid-50s during the day and low 30s at night. It's very fresh and energizing.

John has been down south this week and returned last night. I was able to pick him up on my way home from work as he caught an earlier flight than usual. We went home to shed our work week baggage and then had dinner at our "local" in Kingston (about 4 miles). It's a place called "Drifters" near the ferry. If you want a good burger and real fries freshly cut and nicely brown, it's the place to find them. And that's what we wanted. Add to that a pint of Guinness on tap and Friday evening made a nice transition into the weekend.

We made our first visits to a new dentist this week. Also part of establishing a life in a new place. I chose this group because they are watercolorists. As good as any reason to select one. You would think that after a while, there wouldn't be anything else they could find to replace/repair/improve but they always seem to discover something. We should get frequent flossing miles or something.

Last weekend we installed Windows 7 on our home desktop. We had spent the days leading up to it saving files  since we had to clear off Windows XP and do a "clean install". No upgrade from XP. It has not gone too badly. We're re-installing programs now and finding only a few strange behavioral quirks with some pages. And we can finally print reliably from the desktop (which is what started us on the road to installing a new operating system in the first place - after many long discussions with the technical help at Dell)

The weekend brings the final gardening class for John and a quilt show for me. I'm making good progress on the wall hanging. All the applique has been done and I'm almost done "stitching in the ditches". Next will be to do the free-form quilting in the spaces (like dancing on fabric) and then to bind it. Then I can begin another one!

That about does it for now. Take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment