It feels like most of last week was spent at work. The evenings were quiet and relaxed. But the daily grind defined the week.
That ended pretty abruptly on Friday as we drove to the airport after work to retrieve Karen and Gareth. We enjoyed having time to spend with them both. The monthly Farm Breakfast was yesterday, so we took advantage of that and introduced them to that experience. And since Old Mill Days was happening up at Port Gamble, we went along to watch some of the lumberjack contests and see what other woodworking crafts they had in place. The evening concluded at the Four Swallows restaurant on Bainbridge Island which is our favorite special-occasion place. It was John's birthday, so a special occasion it was. It's Sunday morning now and John has pulled the airport duty for the return trips. I'm off to the grocery as soon as I finish typing, and laundry has been started. Lots to do before the daily grind starts again.
John is off to California tomorrow. The weather is promising rain on most days next week and temperatures in the high 50s. October 1 marked the day we used the heat in the house. I thought we might make it longer, but our warm weather offspring found it a little cool up here :-). I think we'll light the fireplace pilot light so we can just take the chill off that room in the evenings for a while and avoid the whole-house heating.
The shed was completed last week and some of the things that were stored in the garage have already made their way out there. John is planning to build a workbench and I am planning to have him build window boxes for the two windows. There are still the gutters to install as well. It will be a busy October for my handy handyman.
No comments:
Post a Comment