Ahh....a busy week has come and gone. We've got the estimate for the gate repair and have accepted the price. Hopefully, this won't be a regular repair and, done properly, it will last more than 3 years. I hope they can get it done quickly as our driveway has seen more traffic in the past two weeks than in the two plus years we have lived here. Granted, it's only been a few and most of them have been delivery trucks, but I have become unused to sudden and unexpected knocks on the door. Seclusion (solitude) seems to agree with me.
The weather has turned to more rain and chillier temperatures, more in keeping with Autumn and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Something about chilly weather seems more in sync with a turkey roasting and football on the television. And one of the reasons to live here was to have more seasonal weather. Speaking of that, today I will put the emergency equipment back into the car. Last year, that sudden snow that caused me to take 4 hours to travel home from work occurred on the 22nd of November. Better safe than sorry, eh? Hopefully, "Snowmageddon" won't happen again this year. Snow is nice, but then it should melt. In any event though, I am more prepared than I was last year. And on the home front, we didn't get an on-demand generator this year, so we'll hope for few and short power outages and manage with the candles and battery-powered lamps when needed.
Chores were the order of the day yesterday. That's the usual agenda for Saturdays. Today I will tackle the garage and try to get the treadmill set up for use. I should be able to move some "stuff" around to make that happen, but the shed is already "off-limits" I am told for any more storage out there. Seems it feels cramped to the resident handyman. I'm sure once we have installed some shelves, a loft, and a workbench, it will be quite spacious. Here's a picture of the shed in its present state.
And here is a picture of the gate (lying in the leaves at the left) just up from the little blue reflector. You can also see the stone post.
And another of the driveway across the road. The leaves have fallen in great quantities this year and the colors have been so vibrant. It's the cozy time of year...



No comments:
Post a Comment