The end of February is upon us. That went fast. But there are hints of Spring here in the Brown Dog Hollar. The daffs are almost in bloom, crocus are up adding their merry color to the landscape, bushes have just started to bud, and there's a pile of horse pooh in the garden. Seems like we only just got rid of last year's generous delivery, but horses are horses and in the interest of helping out a friend (who has horses) we happily take a portion of their "product". It's become a ritual of Springtime.
Speaking of the garden, John noticed hoof marks in the garlic patch. The skittish deer have likely found their way across the driveway now and we will see how it goes this year once the garden is planted. We haven't replaced the bird feeders all winter and I miss the many birds who frequented them. But although I enjoy seeing a bear, it seems like a wiser decision to avoid tempting them to be frequent visitors with the offer of a snack bar.
I made it to my week-long workshop in Bothell this week. The commute turned out to be fairly routine after the first day. The workshop itself was a fairly intense experience, bringing together a diverse group of people to dissect and improve a process. Next week brings 3 days of classes which I missed in my orientation (when the flu hit). So, I won't be back to my regular state until Thursday. John returned last night after a Tuesday to Friday trip to California. We met up at the ferry and rode home together to begin a proper weekend.
Should be a low-key weekend. I have some shopping to do and some projects I want to address. If the weather holds, John will work outside. After all, horse pooh doesn't shovel itself! Traditions....

No comments:
Post a Comment