We're going on vacation! Finally! It's been a long year since we last went away for R&R. We're in the final preparation stage now: the packing list is made, clothes are being ironed, suitcases are being filled. Italy here we come! We leave on Thursday for London and then onto Pisa Saturday to drive to Libbiano. We'll be joined by three other couples who are dear, dear friends.
I have a list of "must-get-done" items today. Then the workweek will be abbreviated and off we go. That black cat I mentioned in the last post has now joined the family. We've named her Sabrina and she's acclimated to the easy life quite quickly. She and Roosevelt are working things out, but it seems to be going well. Her timing has meant that we have to coordinate her stay with our vacation plans. So, Tuesday she will go to the vet for a full check-up, shots, and an evaluation for spaying. Then Wednesday, she will return to the vet where she will board during our vacation and get said spaying performed while we're away. Perhaps she'll forgive us? Meanwhile Roosevelt is all set to go to his kennel on Wednesday. More forgiveness? We'd prefer to keep them in their home when we're away, but we ran out of available offspring who can house-sit when we moved up here.
Also on Tuesday, we have a consult scheduled with the Kitsap Conservation District folks to come out and look at possible projects to open up our stream. They are giving grants for projects to enhance the salmon environs and sent us a letter saying our stream is eligible for this money!
We had a lot of rain last week, primarily all on Thursday night. John was away and I guess I slept right through the storm as folks at the bus stop were talking about the multiple lightening strikes and thunder during the night. Well, either I was tired or maybe my hearing is going. I think I'm glad I missed it. I do like a good night's sleep :-).
Ciao for now...

No comments:
Post a Comment