The Solstice can't come soon enough. We have less than 8 1/2 hours of light now. I'm all about quietly gathering in at this time of year, but I look forward to the light returning.
Yesterday, we mailed cards to friends near and far. One box ticked. Today, we will send packages with gifts and love to family spread far and wide. That will feel good. Suddenly, it feels Christmas is upon us. Last weekend, my friend and coworker N took me to a wreath-making activity on Sunday. I had no idea what to expect, but it was really fun! And I came home with a beautiful, gigantic wreath about 3 feet across! We are still working out how and where to hang it.
We're going to breakfast with our good friends B&T this morning. We always look forward to catching up and sharing stories. Then we'll putter around finishing up the weekend "chores" and watch some football. Seattle is having a super year and we'll watch them right into the Super Bowl (my prediction).
John returns for week #2 in California tomorrow and I will have another busy week at work. The bitter cold has lifted and now we see some 40 degree temperatures, so no snow in sight (so far). I had the opportunity to spend last Saturday in an all-day watercolor class. It's very hard for me to allocate time to it at home, so a class structure helps. The style of the instructor was quite different from the one I used to have in California, so it was a stretch for me. That's not a bad thing. Maybe that will be my personal project this year - to make the time needed to engage with the paint.
Our Christmas will be quiet. Son Jacob will arrive for a visit on Christmas day. We're looking forward to that. And with that, I'm off to deck some halls! Falalala....
No comments:
Post a Comment