I just ordered 1/8 of a bison and 1/2 of a pig to put in the freezer. I feel like a homesteader or some such type. Between canning and freezing and the mountain of horse manure that is sitting on the front lawn, I do feel like we live in the country now. Spring is peeking out to see if it's time to burst yet. The daffs are up but not in bloom, and there are buds on the trees and rhodies as well. But we still have winter to go. Next week hints at snow and the temperatures are still in the 40s.
It has been and continues to be a busy month. Today, we will go wine tasting on the Olympic Peninsula - an altogether pleasant way to spend an afternoon. There will be chocolate to accompany that wine as well. Next weekend we will attend an annual fundraiser to benefit a local school. It's what I would call a charter school. The fundraiser is always a good time. It's mystery dinner theater put on by the parents. There will also be silent and live auctions; usually handmade items created by the children or local goodies. It's a favorite evening out for us.The last weekend of the month we will go to Los Angeles to visit daughter Karen. We are looking forward to the sunshine that promises.
John has been battling the respiratory virus that is going around. Fortunately he was able to stay put, rest, and recover this week. I have kept a close eye on him as the flu is also around and is a nasty variety this year.
Come March, we eagerly anticipate a visit the latter half of the month with our friends, M&C. They'll arrive form England, get their bearings over a few days, and then together we are off to spend a week in Maui. Hopefully, we will not arrive too late to see a whale or three. Even so, we enjoy the island effect and the relaxation that infuses one's soul there. In April, I will host a wedding shower for a friend. By that time, Spring will truly be bursting. It's all good...
No comments:
Post a Comment