Monday, September 21, 2009

A little song, a little dance...

First week in the new job was completed on Friday. Most of it was spent in orientation which means my head is over-full with information, some of which I will remember and some...well, as I said...over-full. So, I'm off to the second round. This week will be different as I will be in my office for much of the time, getting settled and getting to know my role and my coworkers a bit. There are a few trainings which I will attend and on Thursday I will be in the computer lab all day as I learn more of the electronic medical record system. However, on Thursday, we have friends arriving for a week and there are some things that need doing in preparation.

It was a busy weekend as we put down the new rugs and installed a new TV (spent some time on the phone with various tech support persons), mowed the grass, and several more little projects that have been in the queue. On Sunday I had some time to spend with the computer, clearing off some "work" and some personal "things to do" of an electronic nature. I made reservations for a whale watching excursion next week which should be fun and fascinating. So, the new week is already gearing up and will be gone in a flash. John is off to the Bay Area this morning, so Zoe and I will see how this new work routine feels when we are on our own. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment