Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Guardians...


When we viewed this house a year ago, one of the things I liked were the stones that had been arranged around the perimeter near the woods. There's usually something that attracts me to a place. In Newark, it was a dilapidated bench circling a tree in the front yard. Never mind that the house I was going to buy was falling down as well. I liked that bench and I wanted to live in that house. Years later the bench was sawed up and removed when things needed to change, so it served a useful purpose. But at this house, it's the "stones". When my friend visited recently from the UK, she could see the personalities in the formations and now they are the "guardians" that look outward into the wilder parts. There is "the old woman", "the lovers watching the sunset", "the man with big shoulders", and a bird of prey, as well as the others who are not yet named. Here is the Old Woman:


They just keep watch. Very cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment