It's wet out here! The rain came in this past week and some adjustments have been made. The wellies and the rain jackets (the good rain slickers that the Port Authority wear) have taken up residence on the porch. New windshield wipers were installed and they are wonderful. It's the little things. To be fair, I left Oakland on Tuesday morning to return home and it was pouring rain there as well. In fact, I considered myself lucky to get out before any flights were delayed. But up here, I think this is a sign of things to come. I really don't mind though because it's a change and I like seasons. The trees have really changed colors now and in the mornings there's an ethereal mist around the woods.
I caved in and ordered some window shades for the downstairs today. We are so impressed with the insulating ability of the ones we installed upstairs that it just seemed good sense to get them for the downstairs since we'll be using the heat more. They do tuck away out of sight at the top when they're open, so they don't spoil the view. And it will make for cozy evenings in winter.
Finally had an automatic exit detection loop installed in the driveway last week. Now the gate opens on its own when a vehicle approaches. So, when we have service people here, we don't have to initiate that process from within. Again, it's the little things.
We're off to a fundraiser tonight for the Humane Society; silent and live auctions, dinner, etc. Should be fun. And we have a soft spot for the Humane Society, especially after they cared for our Zoe. She's loving this weather. I think we deprived her of "nature" down in California. She stands and looks up in the trees, watches the leaves falling or the wind moving the tall branches, and barks at the sound of the rain as it drips in the woods. I'm glad she has this place...
No comments:
Post a Comment