Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a New Year...

We've lived here now for 7 months. That doesn't sound like much time and yet they have been full months. Perhaps that whole "time is relative" concept includes an aspect of how "full" the time has been, how much one can insert into those wee minutes that make up the hours, days, and months. And here we are at the cusp of a new year and decade. (Sometimes thoughts start flowing before I am quite ready to engage with them. More decaf is needed.). Nevertheless, it has been "full"...

We are having a little rain after a dry spell for the past week. Temperatures are above freezing which is a boon. I slipped and fell on the ice this week. A reminder to be more mindful. Nothing damaged except for a skinned knee. I don't need studded tires. Just studded shoes.

We're off to a favorite local restaurant tonight for a New Year's evening out. The chef is having a special menu and there will be some music. I think we would try out our ballroom dance steps that we learned last year, but I can't picture space enough to dance. Probably just as well and safer for the other patrons, I think. It's not likely that we'll actually stay up to see in the New Year, but then you never know.It's a full moon (actually a "blue moon" - the second full moon in the month) and once the spirit takes you, well anything is possible, eh?

So, goodbye 2009 and all that has gone before and welcome 2010. To new days, new possibilities, new "time"...




No comments:

Post a Comment