Spring! Saturday! All good!
I finished that wall-hanging quilt and will shortly have a photo to share. I just need to get a couple dowel rods to put in the hanging sleeve and the bottom sleeve in order to hang it. Should be done by tomorrow.
Daughter Karen is arriving in a few hours for her first look at Poulsbo. Should be quite a culture shock from Los Angeles. Hopefully one she finds pleasant. We're off to the airport this morning. And Gareth will be coming up tonight from Portland to join the visit and to hand off his cat Roosevelt for our safekeeping while he moves to Las Vegas to pursue a job there.
No more mice have invaded my car (knock wood). Mouse #2 was caught earlier this week. Hopefully the word has gone out through the mouse community that, like Hotel California, you can check in, but you can't check out from that abode. Truly, it's rather unnerving to drive and worry about small furry things joyriding with me.
We received a note from our homeowners insurance hat they will not renew our policy this year because we are not within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant. Duh!! We live in the country!! I contacted the fire department (who are within 2 miles down the road in a shiny big station with several trucks) to find out where the nearest hydrant actually is. It's further than a mile. But they are confident that with a local agent we will not have difficulty getting a policy and a decent rate. On my agenda of "must do soon" items.
Lots of organizational changes at my work. It's undergoing quite a transformational shift. I'm far enough down the food chain that it isn't affecting me much or the work I do. At least not yet. Health care is always in a challenging state and a one-off community hospital is becoming a rarity these days. But there are some committed people there with the right ideas and I'm excited to be part of it. After months of being split apart and temporarily placed here and there (after our former digs flooded and are uninhabitable now), our department will finally be moving to a permanent location in the next month. That will be good.
So, the weekend is underway. Gotta go....
No comments:
Post a Comment