"Long weekend"....big sigh. It has been great to have extra, uncommitted time. And I took Friday off as well to indulge even more. Actually, the "life in balance" scales were becoming precariously weighted on the "work" side and some adjustment was necessary. The extra days have helped.
Besides some regular errands on Saturday, I had time for some retail therapy on Friday and to follow through on some other things that I have been wanting to, well, you know....follow through on. John and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Saturday (the Steel Anniversary). Last year it was spent unloading furniture that had just arrived. This year we went into the burg for dinner at Sogno di Vino and had a lovely time. And since it was the so-called "Steel" anniversary, we bought our riding lawn tractor/mower! There's sure to be some steel in that. Sunday we Skyped with some friends far away and talked about plans for traveling together in 2011. Today I will lunch with my friend from California who moved to Poulsbo also. All good stuff :-)
The weather has not moved into summer as we had anticipated. We can only compare it to last year when it was sunny and in the high 70s at this time. We are still under cloudy skies and off and on rain. So eating on the deck and BBQs haven't begun in earnest yet. The good side to this is that the ground is still workable which is helping John as he continues to prep the final garden bed.
So, I'm off to thoroughly enjoy this day. I wish the same for you....
No comments:
Post a Comment