We're almost here a year! How quickly it has gone by. We still love this new place and think ourselves very fortunate to have been able to take the leap.
John is back from the Bay Area once again. While he was away, we had some rain and some sun (usually in the same day). It was good for the herbs I planted last weekend. And good for me since I didn't have to water them. Last weekend, John cleared all the rocks from one of the three garden patches. Today, we will pick up a load of horse manure from a co-worker who has 2 "rescue horses". Once that is tilled under, we should be able to start planting a few vegetables.
We're going dancing tonight. Real dancing. Not lessons. I give John kudos for doing this. He clearly does it just for me as dancing is not on his list of "things I really want to do". He knows I enjoy music and dancing and is willing to put himself out there just for that reason enough. Thank you my dear :-) We even have fun!
Other items of minimal interest to anyone else: we have a steady (and we think round-the-clock) stream of birds at the feeders these days. Especially the little thistle seed eaters (chickadees, finches, etc.). They are plowing through the seed at a speedy pace. The nut eaters have backed off for now. I suspect they are finding other food available in the woods now.What is left of the seeds and nuts, the lone, skittish squirrel is finishing. He's quite an acrobat. The house martins have reappeared and seem to be shopping for the right place to build a new house (on our house).
We're off the breakfast at the Farm House this morning. It's a once-a-month opportunity that we enjoy and anticipate. A good start to the weekend. So, Happy May Day to you all. Enjoy...
No comments:
Post a Comment