Sunday, September 26, 2010

Enough about nothing in particular...

It was a work week. I'm still holding on to that aloha feeling, trying to feel the breeze on my face, but work wanted my full attention this week. John was back on a plane Monday morning and off to California for his own brand of vacation testing. I retrieved him Thursday night per our usual bi-monthly routine. The dog was none too happy to get her pack back together after our week away only to see 1/2 of it go out the door with that dreaded traveling bag on Monday. But the week went along as it does and the weekend has had its own rewards.

A good friend of ours has been kayak camping with his son in the San Juan Islands and they stayed at our place Friday night before returning home on Saturday. We enjoyed a good visit with them. I'm so pleased they included us in their journey. We had a good chat (several actually) about life. They left yesterday morning for a look around Seattle before going to the airport.

Last evening we went out to dinner with friends and intended to stay for dancing, but found that we were just plain tired and left earlier than we planned. Still, we enjoyed a couple of turns on the dance floor and the company was uplifting. We have missed out on a couple of our scheduled dance classes due to vacation and our unexpected, but welcome, overnight guests. I'm hoping that with repeated efforts, muscle memory will one day set in and we will remember the steps that will let us simply glide across that dance floor. Right now, there isn't so much gliding as some curious kind of contact sport happening :-) John's birthday is next Friday and we will try visiting the local casino for dinner. We've heard they have good food and we discovered that there is also dancing next weekend. We don't know what kind of dancing, but we'll have a look. And we'll be thinking of the rest of my family who will be in Florida for the wedding of one of my nieces. Wish we could be there too, but until cloning and/or hyper-molecular transport (ala Star Trek) is perfected, we have to hope our good wishes will travel in our place. All the best Krista and Chris :-)

We are enjoying a little weather that should have been here in July or August, but it got lost and is only now showing up. Yesterday was brilliant; clear skies, 70s, and sunshine all day. Today looks to be a little showery, but the forecast is to have several more of those summer-like days during the week. Some are calling it "Septaugust" for the late summer. That being said, I ordered a new raincoat today as I know now what the coming months have in store. Sunrise and sunset have already moved closer together and it won't be long before I'll be going to and from work in darkness (and rain).

The resident builder says the much-planned shed will likely wait until Spring now. So, I am making plans in my head to reconfigure the things in the garage to accommodate both a garden tractor and my car. And with the shed no longer at the top of the honey-do list, I'll be re-ordering the remaining items for maximal benefit! Meanwhile, the "Old Mill Days" event is happening this weekend in Port Gamble. If the rain lets up and the sun comes out, maybe we'll go watch some Lumberjack competitions. And with that said, I'll let Monty Python take it from here, bidding you farewell.....(ready and..."I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay....")

No comments:

Post a Comment