Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Pole or Just Running in Circles....

It just might be that Spring is here! There seems to be less rain than sunshine these past few days and more of the vitamin D-producing stuff is forecast. The days are definitely longer too. John did some mowing with the hand mower yesterday in preparation for doing the bulk of it on the shiny red tractor today. The grass has not been hampered by the wet weather.

We had a day of "getting stuff done" yesterday; post office, find a notary, check out smarter "smart" phones, load up on basics at Costco, get a few groceries and a lot of pet food. I also ordered the invitations for the upcoming wedding rehearsal dinner in July. I have a little work to do at the computer today, but should get to spend some time outdoors. I'll get the furniture set up properly on the back deck so it really looks like warmer weather has arrived. We'll use the barbeque tonight for the first time as well. John will do that mowing and will plant some shallots, potatoes, and beets in the garden. Last weekend he put the peas in.

Zoe is making steady progress now with her leg injury. She gets around more easily with only a small limp. We still don't let her climb the stairs, so she stays downstairs at night. She's not keen on that but she does it without too much fuss. Roosevelt has become a 3am nuisance. Once we're back from vacation, we'll get him a companion to tire him out a bit.

I'm sure the week will fly by quickly. John will travel back to California for a second week in a row as we get our ducks in a row for the upcoming vacation. I have a steady stream of things that need to get done at work and a small project to prepare for my class. I hope the sun keeps on shining....

No comments:

Post a Comment