We have officially lived her for two years! Actually, that happened last month on the 21st. The weather has warmed and when we returned, the trees had finished leafing out and the woods have taken on that fullness that wraps around us like a big quilt. The colors are vibrant and new, full of shadows and light. I like to stand outside and just breathe in the woodsy scent in the morning.
One of these days, I might post some photos from our recent trip. I love the immediacy of digital cameras when you take photos. But the human factor afterward is much slower than the previous process where you dropped film off and got real photos (and even a disc) back in three days. Now they get put on the computer and eventually get reviewed and hopefully given a label for future identification and retrieval. We have some really nice photos and I want to get an especially nice one printed on canvas for display as a memento. That's my plan anyway.
Today we will go to the much-anticipated monthly Saturday breakfast. Then off to do a couple of quick errands and finally I will fly to California this afternoon to participate in my daughter's bridal shower tomorrow! What fun :-) I will get to see the new house and my new grand-dog (our first!). And last, but not least, I will get some face time with my daughter and (soon-to-be) son-in-law. I'll come back up on Monday.
The week went by quickly. Back to work and getting a grip on all things pending there. John in California doing the same. He's back for the weekend and then off again on Monday. We'll see each other when he returns next Thursday. And then I'm off to a conference the week he is home. It's a crazy month. The hard-headed brown dog has regained nearly all her strength and mobility in her leg and is feeling more like her "old self". She's decided she likes our company on each (and every one) of her trips outside, so she waits for us to get some shoes on and exit the house with her. I have to admit that I like going out with her as well. Her energy is up and that's bad news for Roosevelt as she's much more attentive to his actions or even his imagined/potential actions, particularly if there's a "cookie" that hasn't been consumed yet. It's inhibited his spontaneous and freewheeling antics about the house. I've been looking at the shelter list for a companion for him and I'm certain we'll find one just after we get through the wedding next month.
My course will come to an end in two weeks and I look forward to some "free time"! I have to create one small project yet for a presentation and then I'm done. I don't have plans to take another class after this (but of course I wasn't "planning" to take this one - until I saw it). Instead, I will learn to kayak with John and I will put some attention to some quilting projects and maybe get a watercolor underway. Just saying that feels like taking a big breath...
No comments:
Post a Comment