Whether it stays beyond this, who can tell. But it's beautiful today in this green and lush place, so I'll happily take it.
Yesterday we did all our usual Saturday "stuff". But we also found a local nursery that had good prices on fuchsia baskets so we bought two for the front porch. We might add a third as John nurses his survivors from last year back to a presentable state (and they are coming along). John started to mow the lawn/meadow/jungle clearing but somehow got a puncture in one of the inside tires on the shiny red tractor. So, today he will have to see how and where to get that repaired. Meanwhile, if viewed from the air, our grass would probably look like one of those clever designs found in cornfields attributed to aliens.
Today I will finally get the outdoor furniture in place and I will fill the planter boxes on the deck with flowers. Up until now, there hasn't seemed to be much reason. Hooray for sunshine! I look at my daily weather tracker and see our friends in California and other parts enjoying/enduring heat into the 90s while we still put a jacket on to make trips to the grocery. But not today! Today I will go freely wherever I want dressed only in my Northwest Summer attire: a long sleeved T-shirt and capris. And I will enjoy a day which reaches 70 degrees. By tomorrow I may even break out a short-sleeved T-shirt.
John is off again tomorrow to California and it's back to a more "normal" routine. But for today, it's summer...
No comments:
Post a Comment