We have successfully avoided all the crowds of shoppers this year. That's a gift to us. Presents are secured and we are enjoying a lovely holiday season. John was away most of last week, so the Z-dog and I carried on with our routine. I'm not too fond of the flashlight-lit walks we take in the dark, but I do appreciate the opportunity to take in the stars and breathe in the cool night air. On Wednesday, we were on our last walkabout of the evening before heading to bed and somewhere out there were Christmas carolers! The woods were singing! That was a treat.
The mice have been at John's car again. We took it to the repair shop and left it for Monday. There must be a way to deal with these tiny vandals, but we haven't found it yet. So far, my acoustic disruptor system has worked for the house and garage. There have not been any "events" since I put them in place.
No progress was made on the gate repair this past week and it looks like that will be the first project completed in 2012. It has simplified package delivery during this season of online shopping though, so I can't complain. We are looking at replacing the dishwasher next. The one that was in the house is allegedly a high-end product but we were spoiled with our Miele in California. This current dishwasher doesn't clean well and has a poor dish-placement design. So, we've put up with it for nearly three years and have decided that enough is enough.
We are enjoying unusually dry weather. I think we have had something like 0.6 inches (or less) of rainfall this month. It was quite cold last week, but the temperature has moderated some as well now. What a difference a year makes. We are actually going to have a Skype call with our friends this morning. Turns out last week I was misinformed. And then I'm off to get a much-needed massage. We're on a path to achieve some health-related goals this next year. Again, enough is enough. And on that note, the day has begun...
No comments:
Post a Comment