Friday, January 20, 2012

Sledding ???

 Pictures of our snow on Day 5 (Thursday). We accumulated about 8 inches. John was delayed getting home from California as all the runways at Seattle airport were closed due to ice. He is booked on a late flight tonight and I will pick him up about midnight. Fortunately, throughout this storm, we continued to have power so the hard-headed brown dog and I stayed quite snug. I am also fortunate to have a job that I can perform from home so I didn't have to leave the house and attempt the icy roads.No mail delivery and no garbage pick-up gives you some indication of how treacherous the roads were.

When we moved here, it was with the expectation that we would have a little winter weather, but not so much that we would be living in snow for months. It seems that is exactly what we have. This will pass in a few days and we will go back to the temperate rain that is the Pacific Northwest. Not too bad, I say. We might have to buy a sled in anticipation of next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment