Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Summer Today

Summer. Today. Right now. Don't know how long it will last but it's lovely. Temperatures will reach 80 by the end of the weekend and no rain is in sight for many days. As predicted by the locals, July 4 brought warm weather and sunshine. Mornings are in the 40s. Folks from the mainland are in abundance over here as they come for their vacations in this always beautiful part of the world. Somebody pinch me, please.

I will travel to California tomorrow to particpate in a baby shower for my grandbaby. I'll return on Sunday. The beauty of reward points. John has a list of things to do while I am away and nothing to distract him :-).

We returned Buddy to the shelter yesterday. We were going to continue to try to integrate him into our household, but in speaking with the behaviorist at the shelter, she recommended that we return him. While we might have managed the housetraining and the containment issues, her concern was for dear Roosevelt who was living in the bathroom in protective custody. As she explained, Buddy's very strong prey drive made it unlikely that we would successfully be able to keep him from chasing and possibly harming him. And if he harmed the cat, he would no longer be eligible for adoption and would have to be euthanized. So, we returned him and, in all fairness, he was enthusiastic about going into the kennels. Perhaps we weren't quite what he was looking for either. But we surely enjoyed his affectionate personality, if not his incredible stubborness. So, for now, we'll keep our options open and perhaps we'll find a dog that loves cats. Roosevelt is enjoying his return to his status of Number One.

I'm off to work. Hopefully it will still be Summer when I finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment