John is back from a week in California. He'll spend time this weekend working on the electricity for the shed and maybe a rain gutter or two. The garden is yielding loads of peas and he dug up the potatoes last night. Still waiting on the squash plants to flower under their tents. And we actually have a couple of homegrown tomatoes!
I am going to a friend's bridal shower this weekend so I'll be out shopping some time today for that gift. And I have a quilt project in mind for the grandbaby, so I'd like to work on that a bit. I worked from home yesterday which turned out to be a good thing in more ways than one. In the afternoon, we received a call from the local hospital where my father lives and he had come in to the Emergency Department appearing confused and saying he wants to be placed somewhere. Nevermind that this was all in the works when I left a week ago. He has forced the issue with the locals now and we will see where it leads. For the weekend, he is admitted to the hospital to rule out any physical basis for his apparent confusion. After that, they will reevaluate him for appropriate placement. I will facilitate what I can from this distance. At least he is safe.
We have put in an inquiry about a dog (actually 3) that we saw online at a couple shelters. I think we would like to share our lives with one again. We just need to be more careful about screening for behaviors around cats. Lesson learned there. Meanwhile, let's see what today brings...
No comments:
Post a Comment