Friday, November 6, 2009

Good Things

The work situation is settling down. We were moved into more-permanent temporary digs (since the flooding of our building) at the end of last week and the plan is to have us all in a new "permanent" space by March. Three of us are sharing an office on the third floor of the hospital. We seem of like dispositions, so it's a good fit. The plan is to move us to our new "home", all together again, by March. We have seen the project time line and the location and it will be a good space. And I am getting more involved in courses and projects. I've been asked to do a talk on Cultural Diversity at our Chaplains' retreat in December and to put together a presentation for nursing managers on Evidence-Based Practice. So, that is going well. I am leaving my remote California position at the end of next week. That feels like a good thing as well.

John has been down in the Bay Area this week and since Zoe doesn't understand the "spring ahead, fall back" concept for changing the clocks, she has persisted in her personal biorhythm which says 4am is time to get up. I have been trying to get her to stretch this out a little but realized that she is actually giving me an opportunity to start Jazzercizing again!Yet another good thing. (Am I channeling Martha Stewart, I wonder?) We will all be pleased when John arrives back tonight. The week has flown by quickly though.

The weather was a bit wild last night. The power went out for a few moments and here I was (composing this post actually) in the complete darkness at 7pm. Thankfully, the lights came back on, but it spurred me to get the oil lamps out and to light a few candles. The wind kept up and it rained, but the power only flickered a couple times after that. Today brings more rain and on into the weekend. We're told November is the "rainy" month.

Next week will see the window shades installed downstairs. And I have set us up with new health care providers whom we will visit as well. I believe the two people hardest to replace are a good doctor (and I have had mine for 25 years) and a hairdresser. The latter has been solved by just not getting my hair cut! We will interview a pet sitting service on Saturday and, if we like them, that means we will have more flexibility for travel. See? All good things. The Blackberry phone and I are getting on well now and I even use and like it! So, life continues to progress here. It's the right place to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment