Friday, November 20, 2009

TGIF...

Seems like the week has dragged by and yet here I am on the cusp of the weekend. John has been down south this week and will return tonight. We have no plans except the mundane errands that wait until the weekend, but I will plan ahead for Thanksgiving and lay in the necessary stockpile of food items. The number at the table might change (although not too much in recent years), but the menu stays the same year after year. If I try to remove something, someone will complain that it is their "favorite" thing, so it stays consistent year after year (after year...). But that's what a tradition is. And Thanksgiving is not just comfort food, it's a comfort holiday.

I spoke with both of my sisters this week. We don't chat enough. And at some point in the conversation (usually several points) we end up laughing at the travails of one another's life situations. It's so healthy and so fun. I miss having them closer. Lisa and I talked by way of "Skype" last night. A first for each of us. Somehow, we got it all to work....the webcam and the sound..though it seemed pretty iffy for a while. If I can figure out what I eventually did at the moment it all came together, we'll do it again on Thanksgiving. The plan is to conference call over Skype during Christmas with my 96 year old grandmother. Next thing you know, she'll be on Facebook!! I plan to live a very long while with her genes :-)

So, my week has been full of daytime meetings making plans for projects that somehow I have to make time to actualize between meetings. Meetings could eat you alive. It will all work out though. I know that. Evenings have been spent talking to folks on the phone and letting the dog out into the rain, letting her back in again, drying her off, and doing that over and over again. Or so it seems sometimes. She has become oblivious to the rain. We shall see about snow.

I have cut the background pieces for my quilt and will get them put together this weekend as well as cut the applique pieces. Maybe I'll even get those affixed to the background. I'll post a photo when it's finished. I got the pattern during our trip last year to the Southwest and it's based on Native American wall art. Gotta run now...

No comments:

Post a Comment