I will never ever get tired of or take for granted. One of those is seeing snow on mountains. On Thursday, the Olympic Mountain (on our west) appeared suddenly dressed for winter; covered in a thick blanket of snow. I can look at them most of the way home from work and they are beautiful. I will stick my camera in the car and try to capture a glimpse of them when I can.
It has rained some this week. But there have been periods of sunshine too. And when the sun shines, it is brilliant! The colors here are vibrant with green trees against the blue sky and clouds that look bleached white. So, if rain is a price paid for this I can't really complain.
The window shades were installed last week and they do lend some winter coziness to the house. It's amazing how different the temperature is behind them when they're down. That should do it now for home improvement projects, at least for a while. But my head is full of crafting ideas; watercolor, quilting, crochet (I got a book for using unusual materials like twine or rafia that looks interesting), and even some cross stitch. Needless to say, I don't seem to have the time to get it all in. The weekends are too short. However, I do have my Christmas shopping pretty much finished. That means I can enjoy the upcoming season (maybe do some of those creative things I want to do) and not have to join the frantic rush of shoppers. Bless the Internet.
Today looks like a good day to "cocoon" and enjoy the peacefulness of this place...
No comments:
Post a Comment