July is proper Summer. The sun is out and the colors are brilliant. The temperatures rose to the mid-70s yesterday and folks are out in their summer vacation clothing. I consider mid-70s to be perfect summer weather! None of this 100+ business I read about elsewhere in the country. We are fortunate to live in a place where others come to vacation. Of course, that means others (lots of them) are vacationing here this weekend and will likely be here for the rest of Summer. Fortunately, I don't have to take the ferry to work as there will be longer lines now. But there is a definite increase in the numbers of people in the grocery store and down in the burg.
On Friday, we had dinner at the Loft and sat out on the deck over the water. It was lovely. Yesterday was yet again the monthly Farm Breakfast and we sat out under the tent on their patio amidst the gardens. Good friends, good food, good weather. And last evening we enjoyed using the grill to cook some salmon. Lest you think that all we do here is eat, I will add that we had a very productive day of yard work. (The photos are of our 3-foot tall potato *trees* and of the new fuchsia blooms.) And then last night we savored the movie "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".

It's a 3-day weekend. The Tour de France is underway and we'll check in there for a bit. It's a wee bit rainy this morning so it might be the best day to do things-that-want-doing-inside. I am going to make a lovely fruit tart for dessert later. Hmmm...food again. Well, that's as good a place to end as any. Enjoy...
No comments:
Post a Comment