I've been thinking about our stalwart friends from the U.K. who came over for the wedding and then headed to the eastern U.S. to see some of that area of the country. It's been so hot there. We would loved to have gone with them since it's a beautiful part to experience, but life dictated otherwise. Still, I hope they haven't found it too unpleasant.
Finally we can say that summer seems to have arrived in our far corner. Temperatures have been consistently in the 70s and we might even hit 80 one day next week! This is my kind of summer. John is back from a week in California and today we plan to get some much needed work done on the lawn/meadow/jungle clearing. The driveway guy failed to show yesterday to give us an estimate for repaving the drive. We'll have to find another one, I guess. And we still need to sort out a foundation for the long-awaited garden shed and some concrete for the side of the house by the garage. Now that we can count on being around, we can get those bits done. I love to travel, but it does cause a bit of a backup to the "list".
Roosevelt (cat) brought a mouse into the house yesterday morning. But instead of the usual terror that accompanies this when John is away, it was handled quite quickly and efficiently while I stood at the ready in the kitchen armed with my trusty mixing bowl/mouse catcher and a broom. Zoe had already confined the little critter to a corner and all John had to do was provide an assist. Less than 5 minutes and the offender was outside.
Looking ahead, I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow and a few errands to run. With such a nice week ahead, we'll have our meals outside so I'll need to go to the grocery. There's a craft fair up at Kingston this weekend and I plan to go tomorrow. The week will be a short one as son Jake arrives for a visit on Friday. We have some new places to show him. Tonight we'll open a nice bottle of wine, sit outside, and solve all the world's problems (or at least not care so much about them!).
No comments:
Post a Comment