I'll go from MOB (Mother of the Bride) to Mother-in-law! We are on the final countdown for the wedding which takes place Saturday. The bride seems to have it all under control, or at least has everyone else under control. Relatives will begin arriving sometime this week and make their way to Sacramento by Thursday. John and I will travel down on Friday and return on Sunday. Sacramento weather looks to be in the high 80s - low 90s for that period which is not as hot as I had anticipated and far more palatable than 100+ degrees. Still, I'm looking forward to the event and sharing this joyful moment with my daughter.
John will spend the week in California and return on Thursday evening. We both have busy work weeks ahead so the time will fly. Yesterday we celebrated my birthday by having some friends over for a delicious meal and good storytelling. The weather cooperated and we were able to relax on the deck for most of the evening.Earlier in the day, I had a pedicure and got my toes painted a lovely shade of lavender for the upcoming wedding. Today we will pick up John's suit from the tailor (had to get the waist taken in!), get the lawn/meadow/jungle clearing tidied up, and finish some other odds and ends that waited until today.
Life flows on...
No comments:
Post a Comment