Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunshine visits the Pacific Northwest...

The weather has turned unusually warm. It's early February and it's over 50 degrees. The sun is brilliant and the colors look so clear and intense. Everyone is out and about. There was a line at the car wash yesterday. Cars lined the road next to a walking trail in Silverdale. These Northwesterners don't waste time. When it's nice out, even for one day, they are outdoors. We went to our monthly Farm Breakfast, not so much for the food anymore as to sit and chat with our friends. Good times. Today John will go flying with this same friend, Bob, who is a pilot. He will take many photos of parts undiscovered by us so far. I already had a massage scheduled for this morning, so I'll stay on the ground this time.

John was out of town last week, so the Z-dog and I went about our business as usual. He arrived back on Thursday. The people who are repairing our gate were supposed to complete that task last week but did not. John will pester them this week to finish it. It's been 4 months now, so it needs to be done. Friday we had an unsolicited visitor (compliments of an open gate) trying to sell us frozen meat. I should put a large "V" on our garage door for "Vegan Household".

We just confirmed the plans for our visit to Maui later this year. It's nice to have it on the books and I look forward to the visit. John will be visiting daughter Karen in March to watch her run the LA Marathon. I don't know how much actual watching he can do when they are moving, but he's going to support her as best he can. I will stay home with the hard-headed brown dog. We don't like to leave her any more than we have to in her old age. We will be going for a short visit to Tennessee in the Spring which means she'll have two stays at the kennel this year.

All is quiet on the front with regard to the Mouse Wars, nary a one all week. Perhaps John has become like the Farmer character in Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit books. The mice have been warned to stay away from his vehicle for fear of not returning. They have steered clear of the house all season since I put those high-frequency noise producing thingees everywhere. Roosevelt has had to make do with a limp ball-toy that he regards as his prey.

It must be the weather and an unseasonal urge for spring cleaning, but yesterday we successfully unloaded our old eye glasses for recycling at the local optometrist's office and took a variety of cell phones to Best Buy where they will recycle them for free. We'll tear down some boxes today and John will take them and the old couch cushions (recently replaced) to the local recycling facility this week. Small things, but feels good to get them completed. And on that note, adieu....

No comments:

Post a Comment