Monday, June 1, 2009

It stays light later...

So at 10pm it's still light up here. And it starts to get light about 4am. I guess that changes in the winter when the times are probably reversed! Right now it's pretty cool though. We have a mailbox installed now so we can claim to be "official". At least it's easier to find the driveway! For a while we were using yellow balloons tied to a post to alert service people to the location :-)

I'm liking not having any curtains on the windows. Everywhere you look, it's like a painting. Speaking of which, I will work on setting up my studio in the loft today. One of our furniture purchases was a lovely black table which will serve as my workspace.

Zoe conquered the stairs yesterday. She did it in portions, going up and down a third, then two thirds, until finally she was there on her own. As I have never made it up to the top of a lighthouse, I think I understand the "issue". And no amount of rational-seeming coaxing makes it happen.

The weather remains warm and sunny. Today is predicted to be 82. If I get tired of unpacking books and/or the mysterious boxes in the garage, I'll go into town and locate the licensing office and open a local bank account. All part of moving a life...

No comments:

Post a Comment