Monday, June 8, 2009

Order Emerges


I'll admit it. I prefer order over chaos. People close to me are probably saying "Jeez. ya think?!". So, I'm happy to say that, at last, order seems to be firmly winning over chaos in this new space. On a sheer visual and physical level, nearly all the boxes have gone and things are finding places to land. They may change their initial place after settling in some more, but at least there is a lack of clutter now. People and animals are moving with some regularity through a kind of underlying routine while exploring new rhythms and new places. We got our driver's licenses and the license plates for the car, adding another layer of "official" to our residence here. And they have an "enhanced" driver's license that uses biometrics and is machine readable to allow you to cross the border without carrying a passport. We'll be setting up an appointment to get one of those since Vancouver Island is not far away. The refrigerator and the washer and dryer were supposed to arrive today but they are delayed until tomorrow. Once we have a freezer on site, can ice cream be far behind? We visited the local Farmers Market on Saturday. Such lovely produce and lots of plants to plant. Definitely the place to get our herbs. I got some huckleberry jam and I tried some lotion made with emu oil. Nice!

So, as the boxes diminish, I have turned my sights to shortening my "to-do" list. There's a very tall, dead tree that will be taken down on Thursday. Not by me. But some very nice guys who like to climb trees will do it. I've arranged to have all the locks re-keyed to get rid of the pocket full of keys that we have to carry right now. One will do nicely. That is also happening on Thursday. And the shower in the master bath requires a door to be built around its one and one-half exposed sides. The curtain didn't keep the water from finding a way to the floor. So, maybe some glass bricks on the half-side next to the tub and then a door? Don't know. To be discussed on Thursday. Guess I'd better put some coffee on for my "crew" Thursday morning.

John has run off to the Bay Area for a few days to tend to business at the business. So, we are all trying out this new soon-to-become routine. I am still officially on PTO (vacation) from actual work. I am told that there is work to be done when I return to my cyber-based role. And I am planning to attend a job fair at the local college in a week and see if I can get my big toe in the door as faculty. Gotta run for now...the dog just threw up....chaos threatening....

No comments:

Post a Comment