Okay. Got the appliances today (at 7am). I'm working my way through 2+ weeks of laundry and have started to stock some foods which require cold storage. Fresh veggies! And that freezer does indeed hold some ice cream. Not to be outdone by a dear friend (who shall remain nameless), I bought TWO half gallons (come on...they were on sale). I opened a bank account at a local bank. Once again I was treated to local "niceness". I like niceness. Life is much more pleasant when people interact in a friendly manner. And not that artificial thing they do at many businesses where evertone you see asks how you are. And when I was at the market, a woman in a yellow safety vest approached me as I wheeled the cart up to the car. I thought I might be getting some warning about my lousy parking, but she wanted to help me put my groceries in the car! I really have been in California much too long. I forgot about "nice". So, I went home and ate the California rolls (I know...ironic) that I bought at the market (picture Whole foods but much larger) and touched base on the phone with John. Then off to look for some small bookshelves so I can get all the books unpacked and stashed away. Jeez we have a lot of books! And for those of you who might visit, you'll be relieved to know that I am putting some window covering on the east facing window in the main guest room. Without that I realized anyone sleeping in that room wouldn't actually be able to sleep past sunrise. So, I will concede one window. See....niceness.
The movie Twilight was filmed in North Kitsap county (which is where I live). If you have seen that movie, you might understand why I like it here. Real big trees, real big mountains, and water views all around. We have not had any rain here for all you doomsday predicting folks.
Tomorrow is looking like a trip to the recycling center to offload some cardboard. After that I'll work around the house. Or maybe I'll get a watercolor started. That would be great. After all, I'm on vacation! I forget that sometimes....
No comments:
Post a Comment